Re: Seeking the TRUTH about going to Germany

Wed Aug 6 10:36:19 2003

Hi Anon, As with anything medical.... much depends not only on your particular problem with your particular body... but on the skill and knowledge and patience of your surgeon. And you should always go with your gut feeling about anything like this, because we both know that's the only way you can totally relax and try to let the healing begin... Know what I mean?

I've had a lot of trouble figuring out all the commotion on the two boards... missed much while I was away, but I also struggle with the board format in that's hard to follow threads... and then there is the fact that you can change your identity at the top and "appear" as anyone you want to! Even the e-mail address can be changed here...

I've tried to read all the ruckus here... seems a LOT goes on in e-mails, and there has been a lot of very slanderous mud-slinging... very unprofessional behavior by lots of people for whatever reasons.... And as far as one or two of the posts that seemed to have come out of Dr. K's office.... I know that sometimes people say things in another language, not understanding how it will come out and be taken by the native speaker. I'm sure maybe you have also experienced that, yourself, in Germany.

A few months back I was of the opinion that I would go to Dr. K. if I needed more surgery.... (I probably have more adhesions, but my recent c-spine fusion did something to my nerves so that I don't feel the pain of bloating too much any more.... I'll accept that!!!) Then all "u-no-whut" broke loose... I was not sure if I ever wanted to see the man... Then a few days ago I went to his site and read the stuff in the Trash; I, personally, am reassured now that all is well at his clinic.

One of the things that is so good about him is that he takes his time... most of his surgeries take 4-6 hours or more; something very few doctors here can afford to do. I also know he has enormous patience, he records the surgery for you to see (and keep), he uses special surgical instruments and devices, and the price is not bad, especially if you are already there.

Yes, there are good doctors here in the States... but there are also so many bad ones, that it's not worth MY energy, time, and money to go through surgery with each one of them until I find the right one. Or even to have to interview and go through that whole rigamarole; all I've done for almost two years is see doctors and deal with huge amounts of paperwork. Been there; done that. There are so many doctors of every type ... in the US and all over, it seems, that do not believe that adhesions cause pain. When you find one that sympathizes with you, it's still hard to know exactly what his skills are at adhesiolysis. And the barriers in the US are either bad or hard to work with and apply properly. Like Dr. K. said at his site.... "SprayGel is the best hope we have so far" (to paraphrase loosely); and it's not available here.

So anon... there is much to consider, and it all boils down to what you feel comfortable with for your health of body and peace of mind. Good luck with your decisions. Let me know what you decide, because further surgery if you are an ARD sufferer is a serious prospect. wr

At Wed, 6 Aug 2003, anonymous wrote: >
>I've found messages on this board regarding a Dr. Kuschinski in
>Germany. I've read messages on the adhesions.de message board, but I'm
>a bit wary since it is, after all, his institute's message board. These
>messages particularly intrigue me because I'm having a lot of pain which
>appears to be due to adhesions and, though I'm a Californian, I'm living
>in Germany. How do I know if I can trust testimonies that are posted on
>that board? I don't take the idea of surgery lightly, but I don't know
>how long I can deal with the pain...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: