Re: Adhesions and Endo - not the same

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Aug 19 21:13:11 2003

Endometriosis is not a type of adhesion as stated earlier. Many women with Endometriosis also have problems with adhesions due to a) scars formed from endometriosis activity outside the uterus and b) multiple gyn surgeries to rid the disease.

Endometriosis is a condition where the lining of the uterus is misplaced outside the uterus and continues to grow/shed in response to your hormonal cycle in the pelvic cavity or attaches itself to the bladder, rectum, colon, ovaries, and tubes. In some instances, the appendix. In rare cases -- liver, lungs, diaphragm (I've had both liver and diaphragm twice) and some documented reports of spine. The latter sites are NOT NORMAL locations for the disease. With the activity of the implants of lining, the shedding of tissue and bleeding for lack of a better phrase - just piles up and will cause organs to begin to stick together and adhesions can also form.

Not all female adhesion patients have Endometriosis - I've met many women who have adhesions due to c-sections, appendectomies and other types of procedures that were not endo patients. My father is also an adhesions patient -- we've determined he doesn't have endometriosis (but maybe a few sympathy pains for me!)..

Tracy -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Janine Love Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 7:50 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Adhesions and Endo

Normally when you are susceptible to adhesions you are susceptible to endometriosis which is a type of adhesion

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Heather To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 7:45 PM Subject: Adhesions and Endo

I'm confused. I have bowel adhesions and just learned that I may have endometriosis. Can the adhsions in my Bowel cause this? Or is this something totally different? Any answers? Thanks, Heather

to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: