Re: can ANYONE give me this info?-Surgery

Mon Sep 1 17:38:33 2003

I just had surgery with them last week in Wilkes Barre, PA. They also work in Scranton and New York City (or so I am told). Call the 877 phone number from the http://www.adlap.com web site. You can also submit your history from that web site.

I'm still recovering, but I can tell that my pain is greatly improved. Since this was my 6th surgery, I know that I have to wait for a while to provide an accurrate long term assessment. I found them to be the most knowledgeable about the endometriosis/adhesions problem than any other surgeon I've seen. They also gave me a video of the whole procedure so I could see exactly what went on. The others only gave me snap shots.

Once again, I'm hopeful. In a few weeks I am also going to explore physical therapy to stretch any adhesions that do form. Dr. Gerhart applied something he called sepragel after he was finished with the lysis. He told me that they take Seprafilm, grind it up and mix it with lactated ringer solution to form a gel.

I feel that this experience has left me the best prepared to move forward and take control of my recovery. I talked to Dr. Reich and Dr. Gerhart about the physical therapy and they told me that research has not proven that physical therapy will help, but that in theory it may. They also said it couldn't hurt. They are supportive, but both seem to believe that final surgical removal of the endometriosis is what is the most important part. They found it in some tricky areas so I believe that some was missed in the past.

I can only hope and do my best.

--
Nancy

At Sun, 31 Aug 2003, MICHAEL MURRAY wrote: > >I had surgery with R & R in Scranton, Pa a few years back. >

>>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: 'Elan Management > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 9:02 PM > Subject: Re: can ANYONE give me this info? > > He has an office in Shavertown PA but the main one is on 5th Avenue in NYC >

>>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: MakeMineLatte@aol.com > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 9:49 PM > Subject: Re: can ANYONE give me this info? > > I think Dr's R&R are in Scranton, PA

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: