Metamucil- Beanie

Sun Sep 7 13:44:54 2003

Beanie, Apparently the Metamucil dosage is too much for you if you now have diarrhea, so i wouldn't advise increasing it. Metamucil is for constipation so I wouldn't think someone with diarrhea would want to take it.

I don't know about other people but I got much worse when I tried Metamucil. I blew up from trapped gas and stool. It turned hard inside me and just laid there, didn't help constipation at all, did the opposite for me. I never drank much water, at the time I drank allot of tea, and I think you must drink allot of water when you take Metamucil. I can't go if my stool is solid, must be very soft or liquified so I stay away from things like Metamucil. Metamucil's job is to add fiber to your diet which in turn makes the stool have form or be solid (same as eating allot of leafy vegetables, fruit with pulp, nuts, beans,etc).

As far as I know you can take it every day if needed, not a laxative. I was told by my doctor long ago to take it every night. On TV advertisements they also show people taking it every day as part of their daily regimine. JEAN (from PA)

At Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Beanie wrote: >
>As a result of the operations, I found out the other day, after having a
>colonscopy, that I have adhesions in my large Bowel. My doctor told me
>to take Metamucil. I was wondering if anyone is taking Meramucil and if
>so can a person take it every day or only when you are constipated? The
>doctor just said to take it as directed. The bottle that I got is not
>too clear. At present, I am takin g one tablespoon in a glass of water
>once a day. But, I am now having diarrea. I also have IBS and have had
>that for six years. I am not restricted to a diet.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: