Re: HRT

Mon Sep 8 16:14:34 2003

Sue, I made the same mistake! Due to all the bad advertisments on TV about HRT I decided to kick the habit-LOL I wore a patch, not the pills. I went without it for 2 weeks and "thought" I was soing ok without them now (been 10 years) but all of a sudden I wound up having 10-20 intense heat flashes per day so I went back on the patch!!!

Shortly after I had my yearly GYN exam and I told him about it. He also lectured me....He said due to my hip problems it is even more crucial that I have HRT, plus would help some of my other problems as well. He said the benefits greatly out-weigh the bad. After doing my internal he gave me another reason I should keep using the patch....he said my vagina is still like a 30 year old's due to the HRT working for me (I am 54 years old so I took that as a huge compliment!) The HRT maintains the moisture balance or female parts will shrink and get very dry as you found out.

JEAN (from PA)

At Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Sue wrote: >
>I am not a dr. but I can share with you, I had a total abdo Hyster 27 yrs ago, and was /Am on HRT.. only I decided to quit on my own...what a mistake, my vaginal shrunk or got atrophy or what ever the medical term is, I could not have sex at all, it hurt so bad, I'd be hugging hubby and tears would roll down my face. when I went to the dr. she could not even insert a finger, let alone speculum....she gave me a lecture!..(for going so long with out seeking med. help) .and a jump start with creams and then back on the HRT. but during that time I would bleed after sex, too, please check with a dr, it may well be something simple to fix.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: