Re: 3rd Surgery in 4 months

Tue Sep 9 15:33:35 2003

Interceed is just another attempt to inhibit adhesions. It has been unsuccessful in most cases. There is another product (the name escapes = me right now) that doctors also use, without much success. As I said = before there really is no cure for adhesions right now.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Clark To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 2:55 PM Subject: Re: 3rd Surgery in 4 months

I am just outside of Owensboro, Kentucky. My doctor is not in today = or I would call her today and ask her what the material is that she's planning on putting in. The last surgery they put in surgicell or surgiseal, whichever. My husband keeps track of all this information and he's not home right now.

What is the Interceed? Maybe that is what she was talking about?

At Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Janine Love wrote: >
>Hi Julie and Welcome to the board!
>
>This statement that your doctor stated bothers me: "What she is planning on doing this time is to make a full
>incision and wrap my organs in some kind of saran wrap like material
>that will dissolve over time and give me a chance to heal without
>allowing adhesions to attach."
>At this time, there is no such thing. Nothing seems to work completely, the best bet is SprayGel, but that is not available in the =
US yet, and from the reports that I am getting back from patients of SprayGel, they are still having problems as well. You should really read some of the postings on the boards, and educate yourself as much as = possible. Yes, some of these stories are extreme, but that does not mean that will be where you end up. I have had adhesions for approx. 15 = years. I have had a hysterectomy, and adhesion surgeries, (and have been packed with Interceed) but they are back and I live on pain pills = now. You need to have your surgery, if this is the route you choose, = done by someone with extensive experience with adhesions, not one who = has just done this before. I made this mistake, and this board has made = me realize how important the right doctor is if surgery is your choice = of relief. There is no cure for adhesions at this time, period. The = more su! rgeries, the more adhesions, normally. Get educated as much as possible, and utilize all of your options. Where are you located? Maybe one of the board members can recommend a great doctor for adhesion = removal, or at least a good second opinion. >
>Best of luck in your choices.
>
>J. Love
>

-- Julie Clark

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: