Re: 3rd Surgery in 4 months

Thu Sep 11 03:10:49 2003

At Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Julie Clark wrote: >

I wish you luck upon your new surgery...some work and most don't its a gamble,,,I waaas cut wide open with seprafilm and it did not work..my adhesions came back eith a vengaence,,,,,,..I have told spraygel has a chance to work better, so I took that chance with Dr.Kruschinski in Germany'''''I'm still healing from surgery but its promising i'll made a full recovery,

good luck

--
connie

>This is my first post and I haven't read many of the messages on here >because quite honestly, they scare me. I have only dealt with adhesions >for the last few months. I didn't even know what they were until >recently. I now need some advice though if there is anyone that can >help me. > >First my story. In January I started having pain in my left side that >radiated down into my thigh. I had a history of migraines and they were >intensified to the point that I was having a headache every day, >apparently because of the influx of hormones being produced by what was >going on with my ovaries. Jump to a lot of different doctor >consultations and I had a hysterectomy in May. My gyno said he had to >do a full hysto because my ovaries and uterus were enlarged and full of >cysts and I had adhesions attached to my intestine on my left side and >at the pelvic rim which was causing the pain in my side. The surgery >was May 29. I went back to work 6 weeks later. 2 weeks after that, the >pain returned. It intensified so fast that on Sunday, August 3 I had my >husband take me to the emergency room. I hadn't had a bowel movement in >3 days. The ER doc heard no bowel sounds and admitted me with a >possible obstructed bowel. My gynecologist was on vacation so the >doctor on call saw me the next morning and said that I didn't have a >complete obstruction but she believed the adhesions were back and I >would need another surgery. They kept me in the hospital for pain >control and I had my second surgery on that Wednesday. Dr. Ottman, the >covering gynecologist who performed the surgery, said that I was >completely full of adhesions. They had attached to my bladder, kidneys, >rectum and intestines. She put the spray in that was supposed to help >keep them from coming back so soon (yeah right). I went back to my >regular doctor for my 2 week check after surgery and he left the >stitches in telling me they would dissolve. On the third week >anniversary, the stitches, that were not the kind that dissolved, were >infected on the inside. I went back to Dr. Ottman who removed them and >she became my gynecologist. The pain in my left side, however, has >never left. I have not been off of pain medications since my second >surgery. I have went back to work and put in as many hours as I can >although they aren't very many. > >Here we are, tomorrow is the 5 week anniversary of my second surgery and >I found out last Friday that I will have yet my third surgery on the >24th. What she is planning on doing this time is to make a full >incision and wrap my organs in some kind of saran wrap like material >that will dissolve over time and give me a chance to heal without >allowing adhesions to attach. > >She told me I could get a second opinion on this if I chose, but my >original doctor had already told me this would be the next step so I >went ahead and scheduled the surgery. I am desperate. I can't afford >to lose my job and I have missed over half the year already. I know she >has done this surgery before. Her nurse has had it done and it worked >great for her. Can anyone here tell me if they have had it and what it >entailed? I am scared? God did bless me by taking away my migraines. I >don't think I could deal with migraines on top of the adhesions although >I would take migraines over adhesions because at least with them, I >wasn't in pain every day. > >Now that I've written my book, can anyone offer me any hope? > >-- >Julie Clark >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: