Does she or doesn't she?? Only her hair dresser knows! LOL

Thu Sep 11 16:43:07 2003

Dear friends, First off I am happy to report that soon I will be having another adhesiolysis procedure here on the east coast. I am hoping to get improvements in my ARD symtpoms and I am looking forward to regaining some of my life lost to adhesions! This means for both my daughter and I, as sufferring ARD never impacts just one life, as we all know!. Secondly, a VERY curious thing came up in regards to this upcoming adhesiolysis that has me really wondering about myself! I can't help thinking about the old "Clairol" hair coloring commercial that says...."does she or doesn't she?"....only her hairdresser knows. (Well I try to keep red so it looks like I am the mother of my strawberry beauty of a daughter! Yes, I have been hearing the 'ol mailman joke for years!) On that note, I got to thinking about sharing the "does she or doesn't she thing"... but in my case it is "only her surgeon knows!" I KNOW that at least ONE of them knows the answer to this questions, but which one is correct and which one is, well, I invite you to draw your own conclusion to my invitation to follow my upcoming adhesiolysis for the answer to the question that just came up regarding my " uterus!" I thought we ( on the IAS message board and our friends in Bombobeach, could have a bit of fun at my expense and maybe relax some tensions as we all go through our trials and tribulations with ARD. Nothing I can do about this for now, so I wait...and then I thought maybe others would find this a bit funny and maybe curious too! I invite all of you to join me as I anticipate this surgery, not only in hopes of getting better if I can, but in finally getting an answer to this question: "Do I or don't I have a uterus at this time?"

When I secured my prior operative reports from my hysterectomy performed by a surgeon here in the USA, everything looked pretty routine to me! Even the pathology report indicated that the uterus was indeed presented to the pathologist as a specimen from that surgery! No need to question anyhting...RIGHT!

When I returned home from my adhesiolysis and second look surgeries in Frankfurt, Germany the operative reports also looked fine to me. Adhesiolyssi..no organ removal involved. But then, I looked at the photos of my procedure in Frankfurt and it pointed out that my "uterus" was visible at the lower part of the picture during the adhesiolysis procedure! ( I am patient #8 in the views of surgical results on EndoGyn web site:)

http://www.forenserver.ad-top.de/cgi-bin/foren/F_210/cutecast.pl?session== 188FODQPgJKINx9CA3pb9WJw3C) They show what looks to be and is pointed out to be "my uterus."

Well I had a hyst back in 2001, or did I? Do I or don't I have a uterus???? Did my doc forget to take that out and forget to tell me during the hyst.....hmmmm??? Do I or don't I have endometriosis??? IBS???, "The Bubonic Plague, Tourettes syndrome???" I am interested in your opinions and comments, serious, funny, wise, medical impressions, anyhting you want to share regarding this "unique" case!" Any of these choices will also be quite acceptable to me, I can take it! I did hear that a lady who had an adhesiolysis woke up to find out that she in fact had a hysterectomy as well, and with proof of that from pathology! The surprise came when she informed her sugeon that she had been post hysterectomy for years....NOT! Ah the wacky world of ARD. And she had the report and bills to prove her words were true as she knew them to be! I look forward to the relief from the adhesiolysis and jimminy now I am curious about these unanswered questions too. Any wagers? Any bets...speculation...LOL. I would love to hear from you if you have a guess. Post away and lets have a little fun if we can, plus I could use a few extra prayers and my little one too. Thank you all for being here. Love, Dawn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: