Chronic Pelvic Pain

Wed Sep 24 21:28:09 2003

I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy (only took uterus) on May 23. This was done because of severe endometriosis and chronic, debilitating pain. I fully expected relief . . .And still - some 5 months later - am in just as much pain, if not more. My pain seems to be mostly on my left side -- left lower back -- radiating around my hip and to the front - with the whole lower abdomen being sore. It almost feels like everything is lose in there. I do know that my surgeon had trouble removing my uterus because of so much endo - had to call in another doc to help -- and then left the ovaries and told me if my ovaries ever had to come out -- she would not be the one to do it. Since then - I have remained in constant pain - some days worse than others. I was also having trouble with BMS. Went to doc -- who sent me to gastro guy -- who did colonoscopy -- removed three polyps - and I can now have occasional BM. Pain remained - went back to Gastro -- sent me to gyno -- who didn't even examine me - said I had "good old fashioned lower back pain" and sent me back to regular doc. At this point - I told myself "forget it" -- I give up . . maybe I am just crazy and imagining the pain. This week - it got unbearable - to the point of being in tears. I don't think it is muscular -- there are no positions that make it better or worse -- you can't massage an area and make it feel any different -- and especially the abdominal pain is definitely my "innards". I am scheduled for a pelvic CT tomorrow . . and am kinda more afraid that it won't find anything at all -- rather than being afraid that it will find something horrible. I just want to know what this is - so it can be fixed. Have gotten to the point where I can hardly function . . Doc does have me on darvocet and phenergan (nausea is awful) until we figure it out . . . Could any of this be adhesions or leftover endo? Anyone ever heard of this before?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: