Support

Fri Sep 26 22:54:38 2003

Hi everyone,

I went to see my pain doctor on Wednesday. I had an EMG to see if I have nerve damage that is causing my bladder not to contract. I went in to speak with him before the test. I told him that I was in alot of pain still. I explained how the endometriosis was causing me so much pain that for at least 2 weeks a month, I can't hardly walk or do anything. I told him that my back and stomach are burned from the use of my heating pads because I can't feel it burning me and do not know it is burning me until I see the blisters. He told me that if he saw me wanting to increase my medicines that he would cut me off and I would be without any pain meds. He said he has given me all that he is going to give me, so I better not want any increases in medicine or he would cut me off. I am taking Oxycontin 10 mg 3 times a day and Darvocet N-100 4 times a day for breakthrough pain. He told me that I needed to quit taking the Darvocet. I told him that was easier said than done since I am in so much pain. He did change the Darvocet to Vicodin, but went from 4 Darvocet to 3 Vicodin for breakthrough pain. It really doesn't seem to be working any better. I have had 9 hours of sleep in the last 5 days. He also increased my Zanaflex from 3 to 6 a day for muscle spasms. I have alot more going on than just ARD. I have functioning problems with my bladder, I have endometriosis and endometrioma in my ovary. I also have several bulging discs and degeneration of my spine. So it is not like I am just in a little pain. I think most of you know that. It is enough with all the adhesion pain. Anyway, after I saw my doctor I went in to have the EMG. I don't know if any of you have had one of those. They attach electrodes and zap you with electrical impulses and measure the impulse from pointA to pointB. Then the doctor comes in and jabs these needles in your legs, back, butt, arms, or wherever else they are testing, and moves the needle back and forth. Of course when he got to my back and butt he said, did you get burned on your back? I said, "I told you that the heating pad has been burning me!". I think he thought I was just talking a bunch of crap. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have had your pain doctor tell you he was going to cut your meds off and you would be without. And if you have been told this, what did you do about it? It terrifies me to think of being in that much pain and not having any meds. It's bad enough being on the meds that I am on and having pain still. Anyway, I am in the Houston area. I would love to hear from anyone who has been through this. I would also like to be able to speak with Kathy, Houston Adhesion Support Group Contact, but somehow I cannot get the email to send. I know this is long, but if there is anyone who can help, I would be so grateful. You can email me privately if you do not want others to see what you are writing. My email is jenklow@hotmail.com. I hope that none of you are having to go through this, but I know in reality there are several of you. I pray for your peace and relief from pain. i look forward to your response.

Love and hugs, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: