Do I have an adhesion?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Sep 28 11:11:28 2003

Hi, It does sound like it! I have had 2 c cuts for partial and total hysterectomy, that was in 1991 then in 1999 I had gall bladder out by a lap. but I just stated getting burning ,stabbing ,&stiffness over left hip area. dr thought it was hip joint, but xray was neg. I also am being woken up at night if i turn wrong! It is very painful and i told dr. if i move leg out to far i feel tissues pulling and resiting ! Before i had my firsy surgerey everything was stuck together and they had to pull everything apart. i did have alot of pain before my first surg. but it went away aftre my total hysterectomy. and now its back worse then before!

Let your dr. know asap cause it can cause bowel obstruction or very bad constipation. I now have diverticulitis due to the adhesions and I am having another colonosopy on 9-30-03 to see if i need bowel resection ( which im not doing!!!!) i do want a lap done though so they can laser new scar tissue! i have kaiser and it is rotten! I got sick on july 27 and they let me suffer for amonth with an infection, i went to a different er room and they gave me cipro and informed that the infection could cause more adhesions! well i think it did and now my dr. is finally sending me to see a surgeon. but im paying for a private one(my old suregon) to give me a2 opinoin just incase! This is so awful and I wish you the best! Let me know how it goes for you!

Blessings cathy

P.S. My pain isnt to close to my cut either!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of cathy coakley Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 11:39 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: FW: Do I have an adhesion?

Sender: vanvoole@comcast.net (Lee) Subject: Do I have an adhesion?

I just learned about adhesions - I'm wondering if that's what's wrong with me! I had my second c-section in April. In June I began noticing a soreness in one hip. It has gotten worse. The best way I can describe the feeling is that it feels like a terrible bruise - like someone hit me HARD on my hip bone, but it never turned colors. The soreness is worse after sitting or laying for a period of time - it stiffens up. Sometimes it's hard to walk. Sometimes it doesn't hurt much - but I haven't noticed a pattern or determined what might affect the level of pain.

Do some adhesions feel like that? The pain is not really close to my c-section scan - does that matter?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: