>Sender: leehope@webtv.net (Lee Hope)
>Subject: no subject received Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:03:47 -0500
>
>Hi Ruth Ann: sending out prayers for you that your surgery works. Also
>have a question or two for you. You've had gall bladder surgery. Did
>you have shortness of breath with adhesions there at all. I'm having
>sob and the doc says maybe from adhesions on the diaphragm, however i
>had an appendectomy. 5 mos post op. I have a feeling of sand or grit
>in my right side right at the tip of my rib cage. Stones? Adhesions?
>What do you think? Also been havin g alot of pelvic pain and
>pinchng--some burning. Feels like fluid moving around in there. Also
>New infection? Endo?Thanks! Lee

Lee, Thank you for your support. I can't say for sure whether you have adhesions, but I had an appendectomy and small bowel resection in 2000. In 2002, I was supposed to have any other adhesions removed, but I doubt whether I did because the surgeon was more interested in giving me a new belly button. I have experienced shortness of breath, but not with this last surgery. This surgery was totally different. I had pain all of the time under my right ribcage where my gallbladder used to be. I actually had pain in 3 areas, it would always start at my gallbladder area and then 2 other areas (one being my old appendix area and one right above that. Have you filled out a history form with that website I posted. I feel so bad for everyone that has to go through all the tests and poking that were exposed to, only to find out that adhesions aren't going to show up in any of their tests. I'm so fortunate to have found these doctors that I truly believe have helped me for good. I have nothing left inside as far as female parts, appendix, gallbladder to take out. I really think the solution they put inside this time makes so much sense. It prevents anything from adhering to anything during that first critical week after surgery. Only time will tell. I'd fill out one of those forms and see what happens. You have nothing to lose. I would have them do a gallbladder check on you to be sure though. 2 tests-one is the normal ultrasound for gallbladder and the other is a HIDA Scan-checks to see whether the gallbladder is functioning properly. Anyway, good luck to you and thanks again for the support.

--
Ruth Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: