Re: Karen - Repeated Adhesions surgery is common

Sun Oct 12 22:42:39 2003

I am about to have my 8th surgery. I have to have surgery about every two years. Hopefully, this time there is no hernia involved, which has been the case on the last 3 surgeries. I have intense pain that I ignore for a few months so when I show up to my GYN he knows it time to do it ASAP. I have had complications after 3 of my surgeries and ended back up in the hospital for anywhere from 4 to 7 days. Mine is done as an outpatient, but I do better if I can stay at least 23 hours before they kick me out. I am scheduling gastro bypass surgery next summer and I hope that my adhesion problem will not be a problem with that surgery. I have seen pictures of my adhesions. They are a scary sight. It took me a few years to have it diagnosed correctly. I knew it was connected to my bowels and one doctor even removed my signoid colon thinking that was the problem. I was so grateful to finally have a name for my pain because I knew it wasn't in my head and it took a few years to diagnose it correctly. Until something is created to avoid adhesions, I will continue to have the surgery every 2 years as my pain is so extreme, I cannot function day to day.

Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: