gallbladder adhesions

Tue Oct 28 07:32:24 2003

Won't go into a long story this time but simply had the gallbladder out around ten years ago. All tests taken including a liver biopsy (the doctors said that this was the litmus test for liver disease, there wasn't any).

All I want is a few answers that would help me greatly. I noticed that these adhesions, if that's what they are, have gotten worse over time. Can this happen? I also notice that they come and go. I could be pain free for a while then I have these attacks as I call them. Right where the gallbladder was. You can almost touch the spot. Sometimes mild. Sometimes severe. Sometimes like a pull or tug and yes as somebody said here, kind've like a burning ache. Do these things get inflammed? Sound familiar to anyone?

The catalyst seems to be a bowel movement (just had a colonoscopy). Since I've had the gallbladder out my movements are constant and it seems as if the more I go, the more they act up.

I've heard you guys say that they attach themselves to other organs. I'm just curious. Had these for about ten years now and I'm not dead. Everything works well and all of my physicals, including liver enzymes are normal. And even though the doctor(s) have exhausted all tests (they wanted me to go see a shrink that specialized in G.I. problems) and have assured me there isn't any "organic" disease, all this lack of evidence leads me to believe that I suffer from adhesions. What else? I really don't want the doctor going in and carving me up gain. Am interested to hear from anyone with similar tales about their gallbladder removal and adhesions.

Thanks David

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: