Reply to Roger regarding Severe Abdominal Pain

Wed Dec 3 16:58:49 2003

Continuous surgeries to remove adhesions only make them come back, sometimes even worse than before. Especially if they are doing the surgery by opening your abdomen, rather than laprocopically. Reading your story I can see the pattern, can you? Every time you have surgery, they come back, sometimes the pain comes back sooner than the previous surgery. There is no cure for this condition. I have lived with it for 15 years, I am a 36 year old female. Just this past year I have decided to go to pain management. It has improved the quality of my life, as I am able to do things I couldn't do before. I went 14 years living in pain and am now finally getting some relief. However, I do have days where even the narcotics do not help, I take oxycontin 40mg 2x a day and percocet 10/325 3x day for breakthrough pain. It may sound like a lot of meds, but now that I have been on them for a year I don't even notice that I am taking narcotics. I do however have an appointment in January to consult with a general surgeon about the possibility of an adhesion barrier. I will only let him do this if he can do it laproscopically. I figure I will allow myself one more surgery to see if this may work. I wish you the best of luck with this horrible condition.

Deborah, NH

>----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:43 PM Subject: Severe Abdominal Pain Sender: rbledsoe@charter.net (Roger)

> Hello,
> I am a 39 year old male with a history of abdominal adhesions. I am
> active duty Air Force. In June 1996, I had laparoscopy nissen
> fundoplication for GERD. After the surgery, I had difficulty
> swallowing. After several upper GIs and esophagogastroduodenoscopy with
> dilations, I had open abdominal surger to take down the nissen and do a
> toupee fundoplication in March 1997. This surgery corrected the
> difficulty swallowing, however, in late 1999, I started experiencing
> severe abdominal pain......

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: