End of my rope

Thu Jan 1 19:14:44 2004

Hi Everyone, I know there as got to be at least a few of you that can offer me some advice on what to do as I am at the end of my rope. 10 years ago I had cancer surgery for adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix.I have been in pain ever since then,part due to scar tissue or adhesions(dont know which) snaking thru my lower abdomen and part because of alot of scar tissue on my bladder leaving me with a neurogenic bladder.drs.said I would have to self cath the rest of my life,but hard headed me set out to try and prove them wrong.so I am able to go on my own but have appx.1 cup residual left in bladder after I think I have gone( I have been this way 10 years) now the urologist has put me on urecholine,as a alternative to the self-cath they want me to do, but it is causing so much additional pain that I can not bear it,laying in bed crying all day and suicidal feeling.I was not getting any bladder infections at all before,but dr. says that much residual can cause spasm pain. I left a abusive husband 5 years ago and now have no medical insurance,but am seen by the free clinic,they cannot prescribe me anything strong enouth to control my pain,I have been thru pain clinic before and narcotics are the only thing that seems to give me some relief.I am seen by community mental health and they will see me for anti-depressant(medication management) only as they say there would be no point to therapy as we know what the problem is.Needless to say,I am depressed over all this pain in a way I cant describe.If anyone has any sugestions,advice or is/has been in the same boat I am I would like to hear what non-narcotic meds have worked for you as the drs.dont know what to do with me.thanks and sorry for the lenthy post.judi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: