first time visitor

Wed Jan 28 19:05:23 2004

Hello. Im glad that I found this site. I had a left colectomy performed on December 30th. The procedure was performed due to pelvic adhesions. After several months with constipation, my doctor sent me to have a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy could not be performed, due to a "blockage", so I had a barium enema performed the same day. The doctor said that my pelvis from the belly button down was full of severe adhesions, my colon was twisted and looped so badly, that this was my only choice. I was doing well--at least able to go to the bathroom, until this past two weeks. I am now constipated again. I hurt when I urinate, and my lower back constantly aches. I dont know if its a urinary infection or not, because my stomach is as hard as a rock. I feel so bloated all the time. Has anyone else had a colectomy? Mine was not laproscopic, it was an open colectomy. I have the scar all the way down the tummy. I have an appointment tomorrow. I just want to speak to someone else who may have had this done.

thank you!

--
suanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: