Re: IN ALOT OF PAIN

Mon Feb 23 21:34:17 2004

Dear Deb, Neve Give up HOPE. I got my adhesions from my first c-section in 83. I have had about 14 surgeries. My last being with Dr Korell in Germany with Spray Gel almost 9 months ago. I was adhesion free at my 2nd look surgery. You need an expert in adhesion removal with laprascopic surgery. The use of a barrier will greatly reduce the risk of adhesion reformation or the growth of new adhesions. Over the years, I went to many "specilists". I heard it all from, adhesions don't cause pain, its all in your head to you are addicted to pain meds and need detox. There wasn't a Dr around that would help me. I changed PCs & I found a wonderful Dr that helped me with the pain. My first visit, she doubled my pain meds, understanding that adhesions cause pain and realizing I was under medicated. Then I found Dr Korell. He listened to me and was willing to help me. My first trip to him in Nov 2000, he was using Intergel. It was not FDA approved in the States. Since then, it was approved and discontinued. Now in Europe and Austrailia, they are using the Spray Gel. It is made in a company in the States, but could still be 2 years away from being FDA approved. But that is not the only problem. We have to have experts at adhesion removal. There are a few but, they dont accept our insurance as a rule. Just your co-pay could be the total cost of going to Germany. Just remember never give up.

If you need someone to talk to, email me any time at rmasse2333@aol.com robin

At Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Deborah wrote: >
>Hello my name is Deb and I have been fighting with
>scar tissue for like 10 years now. I am in alot of
>pain all the time and the docs are trying to tell me
>that this dont cause pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: