Help. I had adhesions after my hysorectomy.

Fri Mar 5 14:12:16 2004

Im 37 years old and can't see me getting back to work for months. Im a police officer.

I have had a hystorectomy 24.01.04. Same day I,m taken back to thearter after my blood presure drops. A blood vessle is leaking and in need of repair. I am cut open again and operated on to resolve this.

Im discharged 6 days later. i advised the consultant that I had not yet been to the toilet and opened my bowels. he said that would come with time. i was given a sapositry and still nothing happened. I was sent home. within 3 days i was taken back into hospital in agony, opened up and adhesions were found on my bowel and taken away. A tube is fed into my nose and one in my stomack. 13 days later im again discharged and sent home. I have now lost another 4 KG and weigh under 8 stones. i was 9.5 stones before the operation.

i was told this had nothing to do with the hystorectomy but my having had my apendix op 27 years ago??? When I asked if the first operation, or the second caused the problem with the adhesions I was told no. i have never had any problem with adhesions before. Certainlly not a blockage in my bowel, or the inability to pass a stole or the pain i was in on the day of my going back to hospital.

I agree that, yes there were adhesions. Who am i to question that?

All i want to know is had I not had the hystorectomy, whould i have had to have major bowel surgery. I think not. I feel that Im not being told the full truth and the surgeon who carried out the hytorectomy caused a problem leading to the problem relating to the adhesions by not investigating why i was not opening my bowel whilst still in hospital.

To give a full picture of how ill I became I had peritinitus and now have a problem with one of my kidney for which Iv'e to see a further consultant Monday next week.

--
Sarah Watts 37 year old mother of Two UK.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: