tightness around navel

Mon Mar 8 17:35:07 2004

I just found this group and am really thankful. Finally, there are others who know what I've been trying to explain to doctors and family.

I've had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy. Never had any problems until the hysterectomy which was in 1997. For several years I've had a tight sensation around my navel, like something is stuck. The feeling of fullness has gotten worse these past 6 months or so.

My gyn did an ultrasound, sent me for a colonoscopy, who also sent me for a CT scan. "No tumors, so just don't worry about it."

Five weeks ago I started having a salty taste in my mouth, constantly. I went to my GP a couple of weeks ago and he thinks the two problems could be related. He had me see a surgeon who wants to scope my stomach. The insurance won't cover it and I had decided not to have it done. It's not inside my stomach, it's something stuck to my belly button!!!

After reading a lot on this site I don't think I'll pursue any surgery for this, as it seems I am hearing the adhesions will probably come back. Since I'm not in any pain, just discomfort I think I'll wait.

My son is studying to be a nutrionist and has me on several natural digestive aides and vitamins. So far the salty taste isn't nearly as bad.

Just wanted to say how thankful I am to know I'm not alone.

--
Jean Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: