Severe Right Flank Pain

Fri Mar 12 01:23:12 2004

Hi - I'm hoping someone else may have experienced this and can help. I am 37, have had a LOOOOONG history of pelvic adhesions starting when I was 14. I had a hysterectomy in 1998 because of the adhesions. 2 nights ago, I woke up from a dead sleep with extreme right flank pain - very simular to what it feels like for a kidney stone.

Well, after a trip to the emergency room - x-rays, contrasting ct scan, bloodwork, etc, the doctor said that I didn't have a kidney stone and he was stumped as to the cause of the pain. His only suggestion was that the adhesions may have attached to my muscles on my right side and caused the spasms. I dont know if it would cause such a sudden onset though. I am still in pain, though it is less severe now - I can at least function to some degree. Has anyone else experienced such a sudden onset of flank pain and had it related to adhesions?

My bloodwork and CT scan all came back negative - no abnormalities, blockages, swollen organs, etc.. My regular doctor doesn't have much experience with adhesions, though I've made an appointment with her for later this week.

Please help!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: