Re: feeling adhesions so soon?

Mon Mar 15 22:51:31 2004

I began feeling my adhesions within the same time period. Had no previous surgeries before, had a hysterectomy, and then within days began feeling tugging, and within weeks had real pain. Adhesions begin forming within hours of tissue damage and (overactive) repair. They continue to "cure", or become fiberous (tough) after that. In my case, I did learn to live with it better (not great), but better over time. I did have adhesionolysis surgery 6 months after the origional surgery and thick adhesions were found in the exact same spots where I felt it from the beginning.

I had alot of pulling directly under my 12 inch long incision, as well as two other areas that also caused a great deal of pain.

Have you gotten a copy of your operations report? I think you should certainly have a copy of this as it is such an important document for your medical records, but also maybe the surgeon discussed the method in which she cut out your adhesions. IF at a later date you consider another surgery then you would have something to discuss with the surgeon as far as what did or did not work for you.

I certainly hope things will settle down for you and be OK. Don't give up the hope just yet, you are still recently from your surgery. Judy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: