New here

Wed Mar 24 11:18:09 2004

Hello. I am 47 years old and had a total abdominal hysterectomy in Sept of 2002 due to bilateral ovarian tumors. (They were borderline cancer, of a low malignancy potential). Several months after that surgery I developed abdominal adhesions, which were not really painful, but very uncomfortable. I went in for lap surgery in June of 2003 to have the adhesions removed. To make a long story short, these adhesions were all over my bowel, very extensive, I was in surgery for over 4 hours. In the process of removing them, my bowel was perforated and I was in the hospital for 5 days. Not 2 months after that surgery I began feeling the same symptoms I had before, the pulling and tugging in my belly, but this time it is also painful. I saw my GP at the end of last year and he and I pretty much agree any additional surgery is not an option for me.He told me to take Motrin every 6 hours and drink lots of water so as not to get a bowel obstruction.(So far,so good there) I am in pain almost always, the pain in my back is horrific, and being that I don't have medical insurance through my job, I can't even go to the doctor to get some kind of pain management. I take Motrin OTC, 4 at a time, which barely take the edge off. We will have Blue Shield insurance starting April 1, and I am going to see a doctor then, but my main question is this: Are there any other methods for removing adhesions other than surgery, which is just a vicious circle, since that is what causes them anyway. After my last surgery and complications, I am terrified of being operated on again.

Does anyone know of any herbal methods that would help? I hate taking pain killers, and don't want to have to do that, but this constant pain is taking over my life. I work full time, and am raising a teenage grand-daughter, that in itself is enough to drive one crazy!

Can't be loopy from painkillers with all I have going on in my life. Glad I found this site and look forward to any and all suggestions. Take Care... Debbie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: