obtaining medical records

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Mar 24 11:18:36 2004

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Tammy Taber Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:16 AM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: obtaining medical records

I live in Washington and I had to pay for my records cuz I personally wanted them and I had to send a copy to the state when I applied for Social Security Disability.

The cost to me was like 4 cents a page and it ended up costing me like $48 cuz the was a bunch of pages. As far as I know they can charge you, if it is your Dr. that wants them then you should be able to sign a release form and the Dr. can obtain them at no cost to you, but if you want your own personal copy then expect to pay for it. Sorry that I couldn't have been more positive for you and assure that they would be free, to quote an old friend of mine "this is America honey, ain't nothing for free!" Sad but mostly true.

Take Care, Tammy Lynn

>----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 8:42 PM Subject: obtaining medical records

Someone told me that, although they try to charge, that I do not have to pay for the copies.

Is that true? I live in Virginia.

Thanks juacarmul@yahoo.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: