Re: Still in pain all the time - CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

Fri Mar 26 21:50:48 2004

I had surgery with the doctors from http://www.adlap.com almost 8 months ago and I still feel good. This was my sixth surgery and other times adhesion pain returned as early as 2 months after surgery. The big difference this time is that they did not rely on thermal methods for adhesiolysis. I cannot say that my recovery is perfect, I still take lactulose to keep my bowels moving, but I have no pain. Plus, in the past once the symptoms returned I got progressively and steadily worse. This, too is different this time around. I can honestly say that my symptoms leveled off about 4 months ago and things have stayed the same. Given what I have experienced in the past, if this is where I stay, I am completely happy with my treatment. The main difference with the adlap doctors is their avoidance of laser and cautery. They cut the adhesions and use this aqua device instead of using a laser or cautery tool. I am sure that the heat is what caused the worsening of the adhesions in the past, at least in my case. It was worth traveling to Pennsylvania to be treated by them and if I ever face another surgery I will again seek treatment from these doctors.

--
Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: