Re: Duragesic Patch??

Sat May 22 19:37:55 2004

Hi Cindy, I have heard of the patch and that they only tend to give it to people that suffer from pain associated with cancer. However, my significant other was in a head on collision and broke his sternum and two of his ribs. He was put on pain meds orally but had such a hard time with them making him sick to his stomach that his doctor ordered the patches for him. I have read quite a bit about them. At first the doctor should start you off with a 25 mg patch, that is the initiation dosage and then the doctor and the patient can determine if a stronger does is needed. the duration of the medication is 72 hours and it is a constant dose being fed into your blood stream. At first Frank didn't feel like he was getting anything, thought that he needed more. But then after a few days it started working really good, so hang in there and see what happens in the next few days. Frank got a lot of hot flashes as a side effect and the medicine made him sort of dizzy/light headed. So far that is all I know. I hope that this has helped, plase make sure to keep us posted on how well this works for your adhesion pain. Take Care, Pain Free Hugs and Best Wishes to You and Yours Tammy Taber

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: