Adhesions Surgery/Hysterectomy

Thu Jul 8 08:14:47 2004

Hello, I've been reading posts on this board for awhile, however this is my first time actually posting. I have severe adhesions of the pelvic area and bowels. The doctors feel these adhesions have come from 2 prior lapartomoties for large ovarian cysts. I have been for 3 opinions and all 3 doctors have basically not recommended any one treatment over the other. We've discussed options(do nothing, pain management or surgery) but they have left the choice up to me. If I decide on surgery, I can't have a lap, b/c the adhesions are so bad the doctor's don't feel comfortable with anything other than a laparotomy. They've advise that also if I decide on surgery, I should also have a hysterectomy due to my history of ovarian cysts and to make every effort to be pain free from the adhesions.

I'm so confused right now and have no idea what to do. I do know that I want to be pain free. I have about 4-5 good days a month. But there are times when the pain is so bad that I can't work. My manager at work is being very supportive right now, but I'm sure that will wear thin if I continue to miss work. Any suggestions, advice or support would help tremendously.

--
Latrelle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: