New here. Need your help

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Mon Sep 6 22:15:23 2004

Hi, I just found this site. I feel like the introduction page is talking about me. I had an accident when I was 6 and had a gastric by-pass. Two years ago they had to do a take down to repair it. I am full of adhesions. I have been battling pain since. The past month has been unbareable. I cry daily in constant pain. I keep going back to the doctor. She knows removing the adhesions needs to be done, but she is holding off as long as possible. Fearing only more will develope. Where my small colon is put back together......food is not traveling thru very fast at all and that is where 90% of my pain is. I just want to sleep all day. THe pain just wears me out mentally and physically. My boyfriend doesn't understand at all and its so hard to explain. Especially to someone with a high pain tolerance as him. He thinks one should just get up and ignore it. HOW? I feel like someone has ahold of me squeezing/pinching me 24/7. What can one do? Pain med? Oral med's make me sick as my digestion has slowed so much. Then how to I drive my hour commute to work? Has anyone else found their metabolism go down to practically nothing? I have been thin my whole life. I find people talking behind my back constantly of "did you see how fat she is?" I am not obese by anymeans.....but a good 20 pounds or more over my norm. things that gets me is I eat very little? Thanks or sorry for the venting!

--
Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: