Exercise

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Mon Oct 4 13:41:53 2004

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Susen Zwicker Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:17 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Exercise

When I first discovered I had adhesions I did develope a problem, but I wasn't exercising at Curves. Curves wasn't even a concept back then! It was an exercise in a typical work out on your legs. The exercise where you push out with resistance and then another machine puts resistance in the other direction.

Anyway, I started gushing blood about 3-4 hrs after doing this exercise. This went on for a month. Stupid me kept going back to the gym! I almost bashed the nurse who kept asking me if I was sure I wasn't PG in front of my Mom (I was still under their insurance) I had a crappy ob-gyn who did a crappy job "cutting" the adhesions. I developed adhesions after an emergency apendectomy at the age of 19. The adhesions were literally ripping inside of me, this is why I bleed for almost 1 month straight- I had no further problems for a number of years, but they did come back. I am now 42 and have had several laperoscopies, rt. ovary removal and a barrier placed between my rt. hip inside and lower bowel (the intestines/bowel where plastered up against the inside of my hip-some still are).

I would say go for the exercise, just watch yourself. Don't keep going back for more like I did! I have found that being older now I tend to stiffen up "inside" lack of movement then moving hurts way more than staying in motion. For example, when I sleep I am not moving too much, towards morning I start to move and it hurts alot. Also, as I move around in the morning I "loosen up" and it's not as painful. I think it's like stretching them out!

Curves is a great place, a friend of mine runs one. If I had the money I would join one for sure-go for it!! Sue

International Adhesions Society <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: anitakure@comcast.net (Sherry) Subject: Exercise

Does anyone know if it is ok to exercise if you have abdominal adhesions or can exercise make the adhesions worse?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: