IBS?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Oct 10 22:59:42 2004

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of New York Surrette Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 5:41 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: IBS?

My Friend....

Hi.

I have the same problem. Took them 10 years to find out my Gallbladder was the problem to start with - they threw anxiety meds at me. I took them - ha! - but of course that wasn't the problem.

By the time they finally found THAT PROBLEM - I needed emergency surgery with an enormous incision. The bigger the incision - the worse the adhesions will be later.

I got that same IBS song and dance too. I actually got on methadone out of pure desperation. I DO NOT recommend that though. - The pain was just so massive.... and if I heard "just live with it" one more time - well... you know the story all too well.

Adhesions... very common after our sort of surgery. Can't be seen by the different tests either - unfortunately.

You are NOT ALONE THOUGH. where do you live? - where in the country? A lot of us could probably give you referrals to an MD who has a brain.

Mine knows what I have - but finding a surgeon to go back in and ATTEMPT to remove them is the current problem.

But I wish I would have found at least this MD - before I got on methadone for pain relief. It is sooo addicting - I don't see how I can EVER get off of this pain medicine.

But desperate people do desperate things.

But the doctor I found now (in ROCKLAND COUNTY, NEW YORK) - she would have given me the meds I needed until it was resolved. I didn't have to go the direction I did.

Good luck to you - and you can always write to me for any info or just to talk about it. anyone.

I know how it is too. God be with every single one of us. - Surrette MaryJack3@hotmail.com

--
=========================================================================

>---- Original Message ----- Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 4:57 PM Sender: magentarose75@aol.com (Colleen ) Subject: IBS?

Hi, I have written several times on the forum. I wanted to know if anyone (and I am sure there is) who has this problem. In April, I had a lap done which the doc removed massive adhesions. I am happy to say that all of my female organs are healthy. My gall bladder was removed a few years ago. About three weeks after the surgery, I had pain in my left side of the abdomen and left flank area. I just went to see a gastro doc and without any consideration- threw meds at me for IBS. Yes, I have all the symptoms of IBS. However, I am in doubt the constant pain I am in would just be IBS.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: