Congenital adhesions/pre surgery/

Sat Oct 16 14:50:38 2004

I do have severe adhesive disease. It was discovered during a scope for an enlarged ovary and severe pain. There were thousands of dense, course, thick adhesions which bound most of my organs together. The docs said it was congenital. Since then I have had 13 laps, subtotal cholectomy, hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis, lysis, lysis! I was good after the last lap, but now it is back with a vengeance. I will not undergo another lap unless I am totally obstructed. Anyway, are there underlying autoimmune diseases that can cause "congenital" adhesions and then continue to do so much destruction? I have also developed severe spinal pain, unexplained chest pain and ungodly pain in my wrists and hands so bad that I cannot function at my job or at home. I know that I did develop adhesions in my epidural space after having an epidural as there were problems with the placement with my second child. Can the adhesions form in other areas like the spine, heart, lungs, etc.? Also, is there research out there about this being an autoimmune problem?

My best to all of you who suffer so much. Continue to be brave ...

--
LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH!

Love, Eah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: