What are the symptoms of a partial bowel blockage? How is it treated?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Oct 20 20:25:27 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of cathy coakley Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:59 PM Subject: Re: What are the symptoms of a partial bowel blockage? How is it treated?

When I had my Partial Obstructions, I would become EXTREMLEY ILL!!!! I would go a week or more w out BM!!! I would also Vomit, sweat and even fainted!!!! I also got an infection and had to go to ER to get Cipro!!!(San Ramon Regional not Kaiser)

I would do several Enemas and Laxative with No relief! Then when it would Un Kink, i would Have Major Pain Like Labor when having a Bm and it would take an hour some times Longer to expel it! I am a Kaiser Patient and they did NOTHING!!!!

I had to have Surgery by an Outside DR, Dr Andrew Cook Los Gatos California to remove adhesions and ever since i haven had any more obstructions!!

I Have ZERO pain when having a BM now and only takes a few minutes to actually go! The Partial obstruction was the worse pain i ever felt! Cathy From: moondawg@telus.net (v) Subject: Re: What are the symptoms of a partial bowel blockage? How is it treated?

I am not sure but i know of someone who has a strange condition she thinks is a partial obstruction. On the same day, once every month, more severe or not, (sometimes only 1-2 days off) a condition appears causing a massive gas increase in the bowels. then a massive swelling or inflammation occurs where bras, underwear, pajamas, and pants are too tight leaving marks. the dr.s have checked for 1 thing-- cysts on ovaries some there but not significant and talk of possible diverticulitis.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: