Second Surgery with Dr. Gerhart

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Thu Oct 21 21:42:56 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:09 AM Subject: Second Surgery with Dr. Gerhart

Hi everyone,

It has been 3 weeks since my second surgery with Dr. Gerhart. Let me start by saying again that he really did not think my problem was adhesions again, and prior to my surgery told my husband and I he would be about an hour. WRONG. Almost 5 hours later I woke up well in recovery and he came over to tell me I was right. My endometriosis was back, my appendix was wrapped up again (that was causing me alot of pain), my bladder was stuck to my back, my intestines were just covered and bunched up, the layer of fat tissue that I had remarked about previously was located rolled up like a shade so he unrolled it and just layed it out.

I did have more adhesions this time, they were not as dense as the last time (another words they were fresh- only 4 months old).

Since he had given me and 80% chance noting that the other 20% of his patient usually have something else going on I am at my wits end as to why I am still having this problem. He told me that when they used to use gloves with talc in them the talc would invade the body. Has anyone else heard this before? I am horrified by this because on our way home it dawned on me that after my hysterectomy in the recovery room they were frantically trying to wake me up asking me if I wore any deodorant or powder, well of coarse I didnt. The nurses had also asked my husband. Evidentally my bed had a white powder on it. We did not think much of it at the time, this was a time when anthrax was all over the news. I do believe that at the time they had already started using better gloves.

I am 3 weeks into recovery and not feeling so good. I can feel the pulling already causing extreme discomfort. I am so discouraged. Also I left my appointment with him saying just watch you dont get an obstruction, contact your family doctor for pain management, see you in 3 months. It is like I am living this night mare over and over, these statement will always be a part of my life and these fears and pain will never go away or ease. On top of that my insurance will be changing in Jan. and of coarse this disease will be sucking me dry financially. And yet I am disfunctional. Nice huh.

Also my pharmacey called Dr. Gerhart to question him as to why I have been taking pain medication for so long, so now he doest not want to precscribe anything. Nice huh. So now when I have someone else prescribe they will think I just hunted down someone else, just what I needed.

So lets top all of this with the fact that they had to change my hormones, its not exactly working. I am a basket case and after 4 years of doing this its getting harder and harder to pick up and fight.

Thanks for letting me vent, I try my best at home not to be so down.

Jeanne Aughenbaugh

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: