Re: Take Back Your Life

Fri Oct 29 18:00:25 2004

Dear Ms Lee, I agree that surgery in the USA is a temporary solution to a long term problem, however, with the use of Spray Gel in Europe and Austrailia, it can be life time solution. I have had at least as many surgeries as you if not more since my first adhesion surgery in 1985. I had just about all the barriers available used on me. Before I had surgery in Germany, June 03, I was disabled, although because of finances, I did not qualify for disablity. And since I have been a stay at home Mom, I did not have the work credits to qualify. I was actually told by the SS office that if I divorced my husband, I would qualify. Prior to my surgery with Spray Gel, I was in bed 98% of the time. I was on 3 different pain meds. I was on Duragesic patch 75, 120mg Morphine and Vicodin 10mg, 10-12 a day, and still was in horrible pain. My intestines were almost totally shut down, inspite the prescription meds to supposidly make me go. Just getting up to walk 6 feet to the bathroom made my pain worse. Any time I did anything, my pain was worse. I spent my time in bed.

My husband did the things I used to do. He cooked, cleaned, did laundry, the shopping, and served me my meals in bed. I only showered once a week, because just walking to the bathroom, taking my pjs off I was in so much pain. I think if I could have gotten away with it, I would have never even showered. I prayed that God would take me. I wasn't living, I wasn't the wife or Mother or person that I used to be. I used to be involved with everything my kids did. I was involved in Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and the kids raising animals for our fair. then there were the things I liked to do. We used to go fishing and camping and hiking. I used to do crafts and read. But little by little, I had to quit doing the things I liked to do. I got to where I couldn't even read a book because the pain interfered with my concentration.

Since my surgery with Spray Gel, I have a life again. I am living life again. I am a wife, a Mother, a Grandmother and a person. After about 6 years of being in bed, sometimes I have a hard time deciding what to do because there are so many things I want to do. Now, I am taking care of my husband the way he took care of me. He is sleeping better because he isn't so stressed out trying to do everything.

I am 100% adhesion free and 100% adhesion pain free. I am not 100% of what I used to be. I still tend to walk a little bend over and my lower back muscles are still out of shape and hurt when I clean, but I get it all done and then some. I have problems with my youngest daughter because I wasn't there for her for so long. She says I wasn't her Mom for so long that she doesn't need me now. So in some ways I will never be the same, but, I now look forward to tomorrow instead of dreading it. Surgery with this Dr and Spray Gel has cured me of this horrible "illness".

I know this was long and I hope that you read it all. robin

At Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Ms Lee wrote: >
>I am no different than many of you here. I have a complex surgical
>history since 1976, 13 abdominal surgeries, last one was Christmas '94,
>small bowel obstruction. I am an 80% disabled female veteran because of
>all this mess.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: