hysterectomy-almost

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Nov 7 17:36:52 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Dee1020tt@aol.com Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 10:32 PM Subject: Re: hysterectomy-almost

Karen, I am so sorry that you have been suffering so. 8 yrs ago, I had gone to see a gyn because I was having heavy bleeding for weeks on end and horrible pain. My ob/gyn at the time had informed me that there was a possibility of going in and seeing what was causing the pain. He also had informed me that he may have to do a partial hysterectomy.

Unfortunately, all hell broke lose. They had to resistate me several times in the recovery room. When I finally was back in my room, I had woke up to find all kinds of tubes in me, plus oxogen so that I could breathe better. My husband at the time was horrified when he finally got to see me, especially my mother who collapsed after seeing the condition that I was in.

The next day after surgery, the doctor camed in to tell my husband and I that he was not expecting at all what was discoverd when he went in. He had to call another surgeon to come in and assist him. He had informed me that I had 7 layers of adhesions strangling my intestines and said that he had to take the majority of my internal organs, put them on a table in the OR and disect all the adhesions that had formed themselves around my organs. He told me he did the best he could and had to give me a complete hysterectomy. He also did intestinal surgery with another surgeon. My husband at the time made a smart ass comment stating that he had hope the surgeon put me back together again.

It took me a year before I was able to be normal again. But as you all know it never last long. After one year, my husband left me for someone else stating that at least she can have children, you can't.

So, I know what you are going through. It is a very rough piece of surgery and you need to prepare yourself for the outcome. You also need to get a second opionon before making any kind of decision to have surgery. Just to let you know, surgery is only a temporary fix to a bigger problem. My last surgery was 2 yrs ago when it was discovered I had a partial intestinal blockage where I almost died from that surgery. I have had a total of 11 surgeries and my goal is to stay away from surgery unless I have been diagnosed with another blockage again.

In your case, you definitely need to have this surgery, but there are alot of risks involved and you need to prepare yourself and your family. You also need to get a second opinion too. Dee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: