Re: pain from adhesions

Fri Jan 14 16:49:33 2005

Dear Pat, My heart goes out to you. I know of the pain you are going through. I went to Duisburg, Germany June 2003 and had surgery with Spray Gel. At this time, I think that having Spray Gel is the best chance at becoming adhesion free and pain free.

Prior to my surgery, I was on 3 different strong pain meds, and I was still in pain. I lived in my bed. My intestines were practically shut down. In order to use the bathroom, I used very strong prescription meds that did not always work, enimas, laxatives, but didn't always go.

You need to back off the high fiber while you are having problems. This adds bulk and bulk is not what you need right now.

If you do have surgery with out Spray Gel (it is not FDA approved in the States), your Surgeon needs to be very careful about leaving even one spec of blood, a laproscopic expert is best, only have laprascopic surgery (open surgery sets you up for more adhesions) The use of an adhesion barrier will help reduce the chance of adhesions, some seem better than others, and get up soon after surgery and walk so the adhesions that do grow have less of a chance to adhere, non powdered gloves also may help.

Until Spray Gel is FDA approved in the States, many can not afford to pay for the surgery in another country.

I wish you and everyone luck in fighting adhesions. robin

At Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Pat wrote: >
>Can anyone here help me find more info on something that is available
>for my surgeon to use to prevent more adhesions.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: