adhesions and ovarian cysts

Thu Feb 10 08:29:07 2005

Can anyone help me? So far I have had three laparotomies and one laparoscopy. All four surgeries that have all included lysis of adhesions; all extensive. My second surgery I had my left ovary removed because it was stuck to my bowels.

My third surgery I had a hysterectomy. My last surgery, was performed on December 15, 2004. I was experiencing bowel problems, nausea, and extremely bad pain on my right side and my right hip. The pain was so bad I couldn't walk at times. My small and large bowel were stuck to my abdominal wall because of adhesions. My fallopian tube was covered with adhesions and I had a cyst removed from my right ovary.

After the surgery I was still experiencing bowel problems, nausea and vomiting, burning when I urinate, and the pain on my right side did not subside. At times I need a cane to walk. I told this to my GYN and he told me it was gastro. I went to a gastroenterologist and after an evaluation and colonoscopy he told me that the problem was not gastro. That where my pain is I do not even have intestines there. I went to my primary physician. He did a UA. I didn't have a UTI. He took a CT Scan of my hip and pelvic area.

My hip is unremarkable, but I have two ovarian cysts. One is leaning on my bladder. He feels the cysts are the cause of my hip pain. He is sending my report to my GYN. The problem is when I left my GYN's office in January, not only did he clear me to go back to work (which was ridiculous) he said as far as he was concerned my GYN problems were clear, he told me he will not operate on me again. I know from past conversations that he is not comfortable with operating on adhesions, especially when the bowels are involved. So, he will not operate on me again. I need someone to help me and I don't know where to turn to.

--
Rosemary

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: