Confused with this pain

Tue Mar 8 11:51:08 2005

HI everyone,

Thanks for the responses about my pain. I phoned my surgeon on Monday morning as I was still in pain on my right side.

I had an xray on Sunday because I thought I was having an obstruction, but nothing showed. He suggested a laprscopy. He asked me to come in and discuss this with him.

When I got there he examined me and listened to me prattle on about the pain and then said he would not operate as he is not sure that it is adhesions causing the pain. he thinks it is more likely IBS.

This was after he told me I have exensive dense adhesions on the right side. I am going to have a colonscopy on Thursday to check for other things but he does not think it will show anything.

He wants to send me to a gastro specailist after that. But then did not rule out surgery either, but did warn me that any surgery would be major and involve a big cut , reminding me that this was due to the adhesions.

He has also given me enemas to take when the bowel is not working .

I hope he right and it is IBS but I have my doubts and am a bit confused. I will try the laxtives and have a colonscopy and hope I come right.

I am more confused than ever.

Regards Christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: