question I need help with

Tue Mar 8 13:02:58 2005

I am 40 years old and have suffered with chronic abdominal pain/cramping, diarrhea and nausea for several years. My doctors diagnosed me years ago with IBS...10 days ago I experienced severe stabbing pains just below and to the right of my belly button that lasted 4-5 hours. Since then I have had worsening cramping and bloating in the entire abdomen with nausea off and on. I have had the following surgeries...pelvic laporoscopies, several from 1986 through 1992.

C-section in 1988, C-section in 1990, complete hysterectomy in 1992 (for adhesions) and gallbladder removal in 1994.

I went to see my gynecologist who did an ultrasound of my pelvis and blood work to make sure it was not my appendix. Everything on the ultrasound looked good and CBC was normal...however he ran a CEA and C-reactive protein test both which came back elevated. He now has ordered a CAT scan of my abdomen to be done this week.

My question is this...does anyone know if adhesions would cause an elevated CEA and C-reactive protein test? I liken this pain to the pain I was having with my adhesions years ago. Has anyone heard of adhesion pain recurring so many years later down the road, 11 for me? I feel awful, no energy and constant cramping/soreness...just want it to stop.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: