Gallbladder adhesions.

Thu Mar 10 17:39:52 2005

I have written to this forum on many occaisions and am surprised at the number of people who have adhesions caused by a cholecystectomy. My jouney into this nightmare started eleven years ago with the removal of my gallbladder and a quarantee my the surgeon that this would remedy my problem. Sure. Well, everyone out there knows the story; CT-scans, sonograms, x-rays, ERCP, blood work, liver biopsies, ect. Nothing. Then of course the usual suggestion that I might be a little insane.

Well, as the years went on (and of course a new doctor who's really cool about this, he believes in adhesions but says they're better left alone) I got pretty used to the discomfort. Until last Saturday. I felt really great in the morning and the adhesions haven't been bothering me in months. I ran a race and went to the gym afterwards ( I box ). After a few rounds in the ring I got out and all Hell broke loose. Christ, I thought they bothered me before. After a few days I saw my doctor and he said that sometimes these adhesions get inflammed or pulled. Again, leave them alone. Has anybody out there ever expedrianced this problem with their adhesions? Any pulling or inflammation after exercise?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: