Re: Partial Bowel Blockage - Any Suggestions?

Thu Mar 10 17:41:42 2005

March 10, 2005 - Oh my god, you sound just like me. I too have had the same surgeries: appendix, gallbladder, fibroid tumours, hysterectomy and just to even things out breast cancer (which had complications of infection and hemmorage that took three and a half months to heal before I could have chemotherapy and radiation. The bowel situation was living hell while I was going through the chemo/radiation. Thank god the cancer has been gone over 2 years now and seems to no longer be an issue, however the bowel problem has escalated to being on prescribed narcotics three times a day. After going through this for approximately 6 years my doctor finally believes I have intermittent bowel blockage and really don't need a phsyciatrist afterall. Next week I will have yet another set of abdonimal and pelvis ultrasounds (the doctor seems to believe he now can detect a hard ridge like mass at the site where the hysterectomy surgery took place. Unfortunately I am so jaded now, but will go ahead with the tests, but I really can't afford emotionally to get my hopes up, I'll just go through the motions and if something good comes of it I will be surprised!

At Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Lynnsay wrote: >
>Well after a hysterectomy in 2000 I have now developed (once again)
>adhesions that have gotten to the point that I have great difficulty in
>digesting food.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: