Surgery

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Mar 15 19:57:39 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of MisMil22@aol.com Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:36 AM Subject: Re: Surgery

This surgery is nothing to be nervous about. If she has a laparotomy, they will open her up, and that will require a couple of days in the hospital. If they can clean it up by laparscope, she should wake feeling much better with the adhesions broken down, plus it should be a farely simple procedure. I have had several surgeries, i.e. laparoscopy x 8, lapartomy x4, hysterectomy, c-section x 2, etc. etc. I have had some complications, but they were very rare.

Because of my adhesions, my colon was stuck underneath my belly button, and when the went through my belly button with the scope (it has a cutting edge at the tip), it went straight through my colon, and I ended up with major surgery to repair that error. This was rare, and hardly ever happens. I was the only case my surgeon had with that type of error. I did have a post op hematoma also after my hysterectomy; however, that was also something that rarely happens.

Your mother should be fine, surgeons due tons of lapartomy's everyday without complications. I have an OB/GYN nurse, and I have been doing that for 10 years, and I rarely see complications. Good Luck!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: