Re: New to Forum and to adhesions. Some basic questions.

Fri Mar 18 14:37:58 2005

Dear Michele, Although I no longer live in the daily pain that adhesions cause, I suffered with the pain since 1983. For about 7-8 years, I lived on pain meds. The 2 years before my surgery with Spray Gel, I was in bed 98% of the time and on 3 very strong pain meds and still had pain. Many of the people here have been to pain clinics. I went to one for a while, but then they closed it down. I was left high and dry, looking for a Dr to prescribe meds for me.

That is one of the biggest problems with suffering from adhesions. Most, if not all have gone to numberous Drs that belittled us, insisted that it was in our heads, told us that we were drug seeking or addicted to drugs, so on and so on. I even had one Dr tell me that I was a woman, and women have pain, so live with it.

Over the years, I had tried many things. Acupunture, counceling, shots in the back, different meds, from natural to prescription, diet change, and of course many many test all showing nothing. Many here have lost their jobs, some have lost their relationships, friends & family, spouses, others. Many have had to declair bankruptcy, all experience financial problems.

I am lucky, my husband was my biggest supporter. It was extremly hard on him, but he stuck with me. I think what works for most is a pain med, with a break through pain med. What works best for you, you will find by trial and error. What works for one person may not work for another. Having a support system like this site and others like it help. It helps just knowing that there is someone who truely understands what you are going through. I don't post much any more, but I ready daily. I found this site in June 2000. It helped more that I can say.

Best of luck to you. Hope things go well for you at the pain clinic. robin M

At Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Michele wrote: >
>Hello,
>What a relief to find a group of people to share my experience. I'll
>keep it short.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: