Adhesions and chronic pain

Sun Mar 20 13:47:35 2005

I am 36 years old and just recently started researching about adhesions online. I had no idea that so many people suffer from this problem. I have been living with this pain for over 10 years now. I have underwent numerous surgeries to remove the adhesions. My last surgery was in the Fall of 2004. I am now having pain again and my doctor is very reluctant to do surgery again as it has only been a little over 6 months since my last surgery. He is sending me for "more tests", of which I have been for over and over again. I am starting to feel like there is no end to this problem. I just recently read about the adhesion barriers that can be used during surgery. I would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery and their doctor used the adhesion barriers.

I am very interested to know if this is something that might work for me. My doctor has never mentioned anything about the adhesion barriers but I am going to print out the information and take it to my next visit. As of now, his advice to me is to "wait" and start some kind of pain management.

The funny thing is that I don't go back to him for another month and I am still in so much pain that it is ruining my life!

How is that for pain management? I was very upset when I left his office after my last visit on Thursday (3/17). I was in tears when I left his office because I felt like he just brushed me off as far as my pain goes. My ob/gyn called me in some pain medication but that won't last long because I am having to take it on a regular basis to get any relief at all and it still doesn't help much. Does anyone have any suggestions for the pain of these adhesions? Is there anything at all that I can do to relieve my pain at all? Sorry to make this so long but it is so nice to finally have somewhere that I can talk about my problems to people that understand what I am going through. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: