can adhesions spread to kidneys

Thu Mar 24 08:33:27 2005

I was raped when i was 19 years old. I am 41 now and have dealt w/this for over half my life. I had an ectopic pregnancy from the rape and had emergency surgery because noone believed me that i was having pain.. The doctors all thought that my pain was psychological because of the rape.. I had emergency surgery and had my right tube removed. I developed adhesions and had 2 subsequent partial obstructions that required surgery.

When i was 23 i had a complete hysterectomy and now have no female organs left.

I completely relate to all that say that they have pain and doctors dont understand. I have been told that my pain was in my head for years. But thank god i found a doctor whom believed me.

I am on constant, daily pain meds which help, but now my adhesions had spread to my left kidney. I constantly feel like i have kidney stone attacks..

Sometimes the meds dont even help. But i deal w/it because i believe that i am stronger than this.

Does anyone know if adhesions can spread to kidneys? The doctors arent positive, but since they know i dont have kidney stones they are figuring this is what it is..

--
nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: