Drs. Apt.

Sat Mar 26 18:18:38 2005

Hello, I had an apt. with the obgyn.I told him that I had a mri with an IV gadolinium contrast it showed an adhesion in my epidural space.I told him I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and I was diagnosed with vulvodynia.I told him I thought my pelvic pain was was a ARD.I asked him for a perscription to have MRI with IV contrast.

He told me it didn't matter if I had adhesions there's no treatment.He also said that adhesion are not known to cause pain.I need to know how many if any adhesions I have in the pelvic area. Not to mention wether or not there attached to any nerves ect.Some people have responded to soft tissue massage.If it's a peticulare nerve then they have procedures and nerve blocks for that.He told me there have been no studies done that show the mri with IV contrast can show adhesions.

I told him why should I have to suffer becouse you know of no studies.My insurance cover's this procedure I dont think it's fair that the dr. can control what test I can have.I also was prepared to here that adhesions dont cause pain. When I first came on a adhesion support group that was one of the thing's that was stated. I will continue to fight for test's that will be able to diagnose my pain or rule out certain condition's. Kind Regardes,Tami

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: