adhesions due to D&C

Tue Apr 12 08:41:49 2005

I just found out from doctor that I have extensive scarring in my uterus due to two manual vaccuation aspiration (MVA) procedures for 2 separate miscarriages in the last year.

I have not had a period for 3 months--and doctors did not check to see what was the problem. Well, we found out yesterday that the scarring is so extensive, it is blocking the tubes and joining the walls of the uterus from the top to the right side almost completely.

The optic fiber camera could nto see through this tissue--it is so dense. They are suggesting doing an adhesiolysis hysteroscopically or laparoscopically to remove the tissue but cannot guarantee that more tissue will grow in its place or that I will be able to have a child. I am so upset over this--as far as I know, the main reason for not being able to have a child is that I am older--39 and the last pregnancy was lost due to trisomy 13, fairly common genetic abnormality.

My own feelign is that there was probably some extensive scarring from the first MVA because when they did the ultrasound for the second pregnancy they thought I had a septate uterus (because of the scar tissue which was, I think, distorting the shape of the sac). Despite the reassurances of my current doctor, I am reluctant to continue on with this clinic because they have showed poor judgment on the last two surgeries. I am concerned about finding a good reproductive surgeon to do the procedure in the hopes that maybe I will be able to have a child with my husband. Can anyone help me?

--
susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: