New to board but not ARD

Tue Apr 12 08:53:05 2005

Hello Everyone,

I am a 34 year old female. I have suffered from ARD since 1997. I had only had a couple of surgeries when my problems began. Here is a little of my history: I had a hysterectomy in 1994 and 3 years later had to have my left ovary removed because it was stuck to my bowel and the scar tissue was wrapped around my bowel (similar to if you kink a garden hose and tie rope around it). In 1999 I had to have my appendix removed, in 2000 I went to have surgery to remove cysts off of my Right ovary (they tried to do it laposcopically but the scar tissue was so thick it was impossible so they had to cut me open), in 2001 I had to have 2 hernia surgeries and a lump removed from my abdomen, 2003 they had to remove my right ovary due to a tumor that was attached to it (the tumor was 6" in diameter) they had also decided to clean up in there and the dr accidentally nicked my bowel.

Now here we are in 2005 and I just spent 7 days in the hospital with a partial bowel obstruction where all they did was insert a NG tube. I am home but not much better I am currently suffering from vomiting and nausea all the time. I just had a CT scan today and am going to see my Dr tomorrow.

My heart goes out to fellow suffers. This is probably one of my lowest points with ARD and the frustration levels are to the max.

Just thought I would pop on and introduce myself.

I look forward to talking with you.

--
Kris

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: