I have finally learned to live with Adhesions

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sat Apr 23 15:56:38 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 11:29 AM Subject: I have finally learned to live with Adhesions

Hi Everyone,

I have not written for awhile but I read your letters everyday. My name is Jeanne Aughenbaugh, my story is on the quilt (but never does justice to the real thing). I have finally learned to live with adhesions. For four years I have been through the mill. No doctor understanding my pain and debility do to this disease. Including my family doctor. I had always tried to learn to live with and deal with this, but you know you cannot do it alone and until I made my doctor understand that it was a complete lonely battle.

Writing this and reading this is very easy. Taking the steps and being patient is not. First try massage therapy (hurts like crazy when it is being done, but is worth it in the long run). I am still doing this. Also, take charge with your own care. Take notes, everyday and when you see the doctor. You probably have more information than he does. Learn about your disease and all the things people are trying, inform your doctor and work for something that makes you comfortable.

Pain medication is a part of our lives (adhesion sufferers), give in. If you confront your doctor with logical info. he is more likely to take you seriously.

This was not the end of my battle. But I have to go. I will finish tonight.

Understanding to all of you, you are not crazy!

Jeanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: