adhesions and disability

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun May 1 15:53:12 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of geniebene@comcast.net Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 10:14 AM Subject: Re: adhesions and disability

Ann,

Be prepared to get turned down, just in case. I was denied twice, which my attorney said was normal due to my age and the fact that my "condition" wasn't cut and dry. IT was finally presented to a judge, and while I was waiting for a court date, he overturned the previous denials, and awarded me the disability.

I filed in July 2003 and was approved in December of 2004, I think. I just started receving benefits in March. It isnt much, because I was never able to hold a job very long...but it helps pay the meds and doc bills a little. The other good thing, is that after a year, you can get medicare. Its a relief for me because I can't find insurance to take me and am riding out the last 8 months of my COBRA. I f you aren't using a lawyer, I suggest finding one. I used (name deleted) out of New york...Im in chicagoland. They will get no more than 25% of your backpay, but they handle all the paperwork and hassles so you don't have to.

Good luck and if you have any other questions, f eel free to email me directly.

Jeanne

[moderator note: please provide name of attornies Directly to the person making the query (nevilleridings96@aol.com). In the interest of privacy,we cannot post their names here ~ thank you]

> -------------- Original message --------------

> Sender: nevilleridings96@aol.com (Ann )
> Subject: adhesions and disability
>
> Has anyone applied for disability and been turned
> down? I just applied and want to be prepared in
> case I am turned down. From all that I have heard,
> it is a long shot to be approved.
>
> Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: